Re: [JunkMail] Re: libldap_r thread-safety problems

Hallvard B Furuseth <h.b.furuseth@usit.uio.no> wrote:

> > Well, it seems to me that you could garantee that, if libldap_r only
> > used thread-safe functions. A configure flag to request libldap_r build
> > to use only thread-safe function or fail would be very helpful.
>
> If you implement such a flag, I suggest you let the user choose between
> two possible actions if it doesn't find a thread-safe function it wants:
> Either let configure fail, or disable the feature(s) which need that
> function (and report this during configure).

I gave up with libldap_r: if I build with all the re-entrant functions
configure wants, it crashes even more often. I changed my software to
fork helpers that perform the queries as single-threaded processes.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz