Re: SASL authentication with open ldap

JOYDEEP wrote, on 14. mar 2007 07:06:

[...]

Thanks a lot Tony. Now it has become clear to me that slapd.conf  has
some mechanism to talk with sasl. I don't have the
sasl-regexp uid=(.*),cn=digest-md5,cn=auth    and it is the problem.
Thanks for pointing out my mistake. But still I can't understand that
how it works with admin in sasldb2 when there is no entry in
ldif file and the configuration u suggest is not present in my slapd.conf

Don't know; there's probably a default built into slapd - but it's also probably not what you want, since you would have no control over it.

Consult the admin guide and ask questions one by one about what in it is not clear after reading relevant man pages - probably quite a lot, it's not very clear on how to set up SASL step by step.

Best,

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw