Re: Error: Objectclass: value #1 invalid per syntax

On 3/15/07, shilpa muramkar <ratnashilpa@gmail.com> wrote:
hi,
i had recently applied for OIDs with IANA. and they have sent me a Personal
Enterprise Number(PEN) (consider it as "pqrs"). The prefix they have sent is
1.3.6.1.4.1

"for attributes i have used-----"1.3.6.1.4.1.pqrs.1
"for objectclasses i have used----"1.3.6.1.4.1.pqrs.2

Using that i have created OIDs for my purpose.
my schema file looks like below.

attributetype( 1.3.6.1.4.1.pqrs.1.12
 NAME 'outofofficeon'
 DESC 'Specifies if the user is out of office or not'
 SYNTAX 'cis'
 SINGLE-VALUE )

attributetype( 1.3.6.1.4.1.pqrs.1.13
 NAME 'timezone'
 DESC 'Time zone of the entry'
 SYNTAX 'cis'
 SINGLE-VALUE )

attributetype( 1.3.6.1.4.1.pqrs.1.14
 NAME 'shippingaddress'
 DESC 'Shipping address of the entry'
 SYNTAX 'cis'
 MULTI-VALUE )

objectclass( 1.3.6.1.4.1.pqrs.2.1
 NAME 'ssausergroup'
 DESC 'SSA Usergroup'
 SUP groupofuniquenames STRUCTURAL
 MAY( ssarole $ ssaugtype ) )

objectclass( 1.3.6.1.4.1.pqrs.2.2
 NAME 'ssabase'
 DESC 'SSA Base'
 SUP top STRUCTURAL
 MUST( uid $ cn $ sn )

now i am trying to run an LDIF file which contains a sample data like

dn: uid=admin,ou=ssausers,dc=ssainternal,dc=net
changetype: add
objectClass: top
objectClass: ssauser
objectClass: ssantuser
uid: admin
cn: admin
userpassword: admin
ssarole: administrator
ssarole: superadministrator
sn: admin
preferredlanguage: en_US
ntuserdomainid: ssainternal

using the ldapadd command....all the data gets added except for the above
one. It gives me an error saying

ldap_add: Invalid  syntax(21)

                additional info: objectClass: value #1 invalid per syntax.

Check out: http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/648.html

It looks like something is wrong with the second objectclass: in your
ldif.  (I'm pretty sure those count from 0)  You didn't give your
schema for ssauser, so it might also be a problem with your schema
file, but check the easy stuff from the faq first.