Re: New superior without new RDN

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007, Howard Chu wrote:

> > How do I move an entry to a new superior without changing the RDN as
> > well?  I cannot find any examples of this (at least, none that works).
>
> test006, test007, test017, test018, test019, test032, test040, test043,
> test045, test046, test048...
>
> Wherever you were looking, you should always start by looking in the
> source distro itself.

And I completely failed to see the lack of "-", as you pointed out
later...  And yes, line 6 == "-" should have been a hint.

> "-" is invalid in a modDN request. And yes, newRDN must be an actual
> RDN, not just a naked value.

I'm starting to see too many mistakes in "http://www.zytrax.com/books/ldap/";
to trust it now.  Or, for that matter, Howes/Smith/Good (1st Ed).

It's working now; thanks.

I was testing a simple "ldapdiff" utility which given "before" and "after"
generates the required LDIF operations; I cannot use "ldifdiff.pl" because
it requires Net::LDAP which is not a core module.

I hope to get permission to release it; a couple of people have expressed
interest in it...

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9552-5509 (d) -5500 (sw)
Corinthian Eng'ng P/L, Ste 54 Jones Bay Whf, 26-32 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont 2009, AU