RE: LDAP/BDB log purging

> My personal experience is that using the Debian packages for
> anything is always questionable.  I use Debian as my OS, but everything
> from gcc up is built into /usr/local.

We use the packaged versions where they work well enough, but custom builds
for quite a few other things.

> However, I would hope Debian would
> have included those patches.

As far as I can tell from the changelog, they have got at least three of
them, they probably have the Java stuff (not using Java with it anyway) but
they may have missed the one relating to the btree bug.  Could that have
caused a problem? Could it have fooled the consumers into deleting and
re-creating all their records? Because I *think* that's what happened.

Lesley W

--
Lesley Walker
Linux Systems Administrator