Re: replication problem: "shadow context; no update referral"

Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 10:13:07AM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
>> Error: ldap_modify_s failed modifying DN "cn=foo,dc=example,dc=net": shadow context; no update referral
>
> It seems I finally managed to get it working. I'll post a quick how-to for
> reference later.

Unless you developed something very specific that's not documented yet,
I suggest you rather propose improvements to the official documentation,
in case it was not clear enough, or even disguising.  What you set up is
a very basic and common feature, I think it rather deserves better
official description that yet another unofficial, partial and quickly
out-of-date howto...

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team