Re: reg OpenLdap installation

On 2/27/07, shilpa muramkar <ratnashilpa@gmail.com> wrote:
I have installed openldap on my machine. In the slapd.conf file i have
included all the schema files. I need to import our directory server data
into OpenLdap now. Hence i have done the below things....
1) Created a schema file containing our data and included it in the
slapd.conf.
2) Created an ldif file, and tried importing our data using "ldapmodify"
command.

I am facing few problems.

Looks like my schema file isnt being referred by openldap as....even when i
comment my schema file and run, the service is starting. That shows my
schema file isnt creating any impact there.

What i did is,,,,,i took some of our required ObjectClasses and included
them in the "misc.schema" file of OpenLdap just for a trial. Few of them
worked properly and my data from ldif got added into the server.
I still have few attributes and ObjectClasses which i am neither able to add
into any of OpenLdap's schema files nor create a new schema file and add( as
OpenLdap isnt referring to it).

Can someone guide me as to how to easily get my schema and data added to the
server.
If i have to create a schema file of my own.....in that case..how do i make
the server refer to that as well...........

You simply put your local schema in a file called local.schema and
include it in your slapd.conf.  Try starting up with high logging to
make sure it doesn't complain about your schema.

Read the admin guide.
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin23/schema.html#Extending%20Schema