Re: Sync Replication issues with bindmethod=simple

> Just so we are clear, the passwords in the configuration file are not
> the passwords I am using. They are written originally like so:
> {SSHA}......

If you used a SSHA hashed password in the syncrepl consumer, then you
don't have a clear understanding of how authentication works.  You need to
provide the cleartext credentials in "credentials" to use simple bind.
That's how simple bind works.  That also explains the authentication
failure you're seeing.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team