From: openldap-software-bounces+zoticaicpassion=gmail.com@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:openldap-software-bounces+zoticaicpassion=gmail.com@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Asrai khn
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 9:41 PM
To: openldap-software@openldap.org
Subject: WARNING: No dynamic config support for database ldbm

Hi,

After upgrading our ldap server to FC5 and openldap-2.3.19-4 (we are using yum to update packages). We getting ...

WARNING: No dynamic config support for database ldbm

when starting ldap services, however it starts fine and we are not facing any issues while authentication from that openldap or adding new entries to it using phpldapadmin.

I have read in archives of this mailing list that ldbm backend is going to be removed when 2.4 releases, now my concern is

1) how to fix this warning or just ignore it

2) If recommend to migrate to another backend database eg bdb, then how to convert the current records to it so that if we change 'database' directive in slapd.conf to 'bdb' it gives no error and migration would seem transparent.

Another problem which we are facing is our ldap replication is broken after we upgraded our slave ldap server to FC6 which comes with newer version of openldap ' openldap-2.3.27-4', when we tries to start ldap services on slave it exit with error...

Checking configuration files for slapd:  WARNING: No dynamic config support for database ldbm.
unable to open file "/var/run/slapd.pid": 13 (Permission denied)

I am no expert of openldap neither is ldap is configured by me, now i have to fix the replication and all other warnings..

1) Can we replication older version of openldap (master) to newer version of openldap (slave)
currently
master (FC5) < slave (FC6)

Any help in this regards will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.