objectClass in entry attribute order

I find that if I `replace' the values of objectClass, its order
moves to the end of the attribute list -- like,

   $ ldapsearch ...
   dn: ...
   objectClass: top
   attributeOne: ...

   $ ldapmodify
   dn: ...
   changetype: modify
   replace: objectClass
   objectClass: top

   $ ldapsearch ...
   dn: ...
   attributeOne: ...
   objectClass: top

I don't that I have ever seen objectClass appear anywhere but
at the top of the entry, before this.  Evidently it isn't a
serious problem - these entries are still retrievable, modifiable
and slapadd works on them.

I personally would prefer to avoid it anyway, but I'm not the one
who's been doing it.  Anyone know of undesirable consequences
if objectClass moves to a location other than the first attribute?

thanks!
	Donn Cave, donn@u.washington.edu