Re: ACIs and OL 2.3, rfc ?

Howard Chu wrote:
Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
Piotr Wadas wrote:

That's ok, I just started using cn=config lately and I'm not familiar
with it, however, isn't there other side of penny - one can modify
config information without restarting, but modified information
is not stored/saved between restarts ? ACI is somehow "static", although
it's not "static" in common sense :)

Changes thru cn=config are persistent; changes thru cn=monitor, where permitted, aren't.

But changes thru cn=config only persist if they have converted from slapd.conf to slapd.d, as noted in the Admin Guide.

Right, sorry.

Of course I did not consider the possibility to use cn=config without a persistent database. That's possible, but it should not be considered the preferred usage.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.n.c.