Re: LDAP authenticaton against PAM how-to

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 11:24:24AM +0200, Buchan Milne wrote:
> Since all the RADIUS servers I've used (FreeRadius, Radiator, Cisco Access
> Registrar) support authenticating against a number of different identity
> storage backends (LDAP, RDBMSs, etc.) ... it would be interesting to know
> what RADIUS server this is, and why you can't instead authenticate against
> the same backend store that it uses ...
>
> To me it really seems like you are doing one thing the wrong way around
> because you have something else doing things the wrong way around.

The backend against which RADIUS authenticatate could be used, and it will
prbbaly be in the future, but that require major refactoring of some IT mess,
which is not in the short terms gaols.

Of course that RADIUS story is not The Right Way, but it is what I need right
now. This is the real world, you know...

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu@netbsd.org