Re: slapd segfault when using pcache

I found myself the problem: if I omit:
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
then slapd will not start.

Also, when there are no proxyattrset defined, slapd get a Segmentation fault.

Citando Fabio Pedretti <fabio.pedretti@ing.unibs.it>:

Hi, thanks for your suggestions.
I changed ldbm to bdb, but I get again the same problems.
I forget to say that I am using openldap 2.3.33 compiled from source on
a Slackware 10.2.

Is there something wrong in my configuration? Any other hints?

Thanks,
  Fabio

Citando Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com>:

Fabio Pedretti wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to use slapd as a proxycache LDAP daemon for another LDAP server.

(I was following the manual here:
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin23/proxycache.html
but this refers to proxycache, which I think it is now replaced by pcache? Should the manual be updated?)

Read the slapo-pcache(5) manpage instead.

database        ldap
suffix          "o=example,c=COM"
rootdn          "uid=root,o=example,c=COM"
uri             "ldap://ldap1.example.com ldap://ldap2.example.com";

overlay pcache
proxycache      ldbm 10000 1 1000 3600

Never use ldbm.

-- ing. Pedretti Fabio Tel: 030 371 5431 Cell: 329 101 9493 e-mail: fabio.pedretti@ing.unibs.it