Re: [Fwd: Re: Bug(?) With OpenLDAP 2.3.32]

daniel@ncsu.edu wrote:
Hrm.  Well I don't know what caused it in the first place, but get this...
performing this set of operations fixed it altogether:

dn: uid=USERNAME,ou=students,ou=people,dc=ncsu,dc=edu
changetype: modify
delete: ou
-
replace: ou
ou: B A - Physics
ou: B S - Philosophy
-
delete: ncsucurriculumcode
-
replace: ncsucurriculumcode
ncsucurriculumcode: PYA
ncsucurriculumcode: LSL

After that, even the original method works just fine:

dn: uid=USERNAME,ou=students,ou=people,dc=ncsu,dc=edu
changetype: modify
replace: ou
ou: B A - Physics
ou: B S - Philosophy
-
replace: ncsucurriculumcode
ncsucurriculumcode: PYA
ncsucurriculumcode: LSL

I guess I can just keep an eye on it and see if this happens again, but it's not exactly confidence inspiring. =)

It's too bad you didn't save a copy of the original data for us to dissect, but what you've described so far sounds like these entries actually had two separate instances of the ou attribute. Ordinarily that should never happen. What commands did you use to initially populate the database? If you repeat that (on a separate, fresh database) does the same problem recur?

--
  -- Howard Chu