[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: WARNING: No dynamic config support for overlay ppolicy?
- To: Errol Neal <firstname.lastname@example.org>, OpenLDAP-Software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: WARNING: No dynamic config support for overlay ppolicy?
- From: Howard Chu <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 14:28:26 -0800
- In-reply-to: <A8844DAB39F4C0428D6DA905DD50D95F2E5037@dfiint-exbe1.dfi-intl.com>
- References: <A8844DAB39F4C0428D6DA905DD50D95F2E5037@dfiint-exbe1.dfi-intl.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a2pre) Gecko/20070120 Netscape/7.2 (ax) Firefox/1.5 SeaMonkey/1.5a
Errol Neal wrote:
test022 example more carefully, and read the
Your "overlay ppolicy" clause is in the wrong place. Look at the
You were ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! Very happy - thank you very much. I reworked
my slapd.conf file paying attention to test022 and my password policies
are working now. Thank you very much Howard!
But whats up with the error regarding dynamic overlays at start up?
It means what it says. The ppolicy overlay in 2.3.32 doesn't support dynamic
configuration via back-config. The support has been in HEAD for some time, it
just hasn't been backported.
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc
OpenLDAP Core Team http://www.openldap.org/project/