Re: How to migrate iPlanet Directory into OpenLDAP?

--On Thursday, January 18, 2007 5:38 PM +1100 Van Zing <allpostal@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I have been googling for instructions on how to migrate my existing SUN
iPlanet Directory version 5 into OpenLDAP but no luck so far. Has anyone
done this before? Please help!! any instructions or pointer is much
appreciated.

It is not a straight forward process. For the data, you'll need to export it to LDIF. For the access controls, you'll need to rewrite them using OpenLDAP's ACL rules. If you have custom schema involved, you'll need to load that into OpenLDAP as well.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITS/Shared Application Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html