Re: Replication errors with slurpd and ppolicy

On Thu, January 18, 2007 12:53 pm, Gavin Henry wrote:
> Michael Steinmann said the following on 12/01/07 10:03:
>
>> I'm currently using ppolicy in a replicated 2.3.30 environment. Most
>> things wrt ppolicy work extremely well but I'm having issues with slurpd
>>  and ppolicy's internal attributes.
>>
>> Due to firewall restrictions I'm currently forced to use both syncrepl
>> and slurpd for replication. Problem with slurpd is, that when a user
>> changes her password the pwdHistory attribute gets replicated with an
>> add/delete MOD. All attributes get replicated OK but I still get errors
>> both on the master and on the slave.
>>

> Have you tried using Syncrepl RefreshOnly to help with firewall issues?

Gavin

yes, but according to [1] and other sources the current implementation of
refreshAndPersist is not a pure push solution. It's still the slave that
initiates the connection. To me it looked as I'd have to wait for 2.4.

Correct me if I'm wrong as I might misinterpret the docs, however. Have
you tested this and confirmed it works?

--
mike

[1] http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200609/msg00081.html