Re: openldap queries to w2k3 active directory fails

At 10:04 AM 1/17/2007, javier rojas wrote:
>ldapsearch -v d 1 -h w2k3server -p 389 -X "admin"

Did you really want to do a SASL authentication?  If not,
see ldapsearch(1) for information about how to disable use
of SASL (the default).  Otherwise, I suggest you, at
least initially, use the -Y option to specify the desired
SASL mechanism.

>i get a list of stuff and the bottom of it i get:
>
>ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown authentication method (-6)
>                additional info: SASL (-4): no mechanism avvailable

This error is discussed here in the FAQ at:
http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=771

>what does the -6 and the -4 stands for?, what am i missing?

ldapsearch(1) doesn't have -4 and -6 flags, so they
stand for argument error I guess.  See ldapsearch(1).

Regards, Kurt