[Date Prev][Date Next]
why is openldap not recognizing MD5 passwords?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: why is openldap not recognizing MD5 passwords?
- From: Marten Lehmann <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 01:52:20 +0100
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915
usually it should be possible to give a password like
to a userPassword attribute and openldap should be using it as an MD5
password hash. Instead, it is using it as a plain password. What is
going wrong there?