Re: Porting to Sun Galaxy

Hi Matthew,
Thanks for the info will get back after trying the porting.

Thanks,
Girish

On 1/2/07, matthew sporleder < msporleder@gmail.com> wrote:
On 1/2/07, Girish Pal < pal.girish@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> We are currently using slapd version 1.8.8.7 for our inhouse product based
> on Sun Solaris 2.8.9 Sun Solaris sparc platform. We need to migrate our
> slapd to the newly ported system based on Sun Galaxy, Solaris version 10.
> Kindly suggest which version we should use for our requirements.
> --

2.3.31 with bdb 4.2.52 + patches, or whatever is current when you
start your migration. (check the FAQ/downloads page at that time)
http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?_highlightWords=version&file=226

I would expect to dedicate some time to your transition as schemas,
rules, etc have changed a bit since 1.x.
(although it looks like 1.x ended with 1.2, so I'm not sure what 1.8.8.7 is.)
(and I also don't think solaris was called solaris until it became
sunos 4 and 5 and the 2.x naming was dropping with solaris 7, so I
have no idea what versions of anything you're running)

--
Regards,
Girish