Re: Porting to Sun Galaxy

On 1/2/07, Girish Pal <pal.girish@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
We are currently using slapd version 1.8.8.7 for our inhouse product based
on Sun Solaris 2.8.9 Sun Solaris sparc platform. We need to migrate our
slapd to the newly ported system based on Sun Galaxy, Solaris version 10.
Kindly suggest which version we should use for our requirements.
--

2.3.31 with bdb 4.2.52 + patches, or whatever is current when you start your migration. (check the FAQ/downloads page at that time) http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?_highlightWords=version&file=226

I would expect to dedicate some time to your transition as schemas,
rules, etc have changed a bit since 1.x.
(although it looks like 1.x ended with 1.2, so I'm not sure what 1.8.8.7 is.)
(and I also don't think solaris was called solaris until it became
sunos 4 and 5 and the 2.x naming was dropping with solaris 7, so I
have no idea what versions of anything you're running)