Re: Question about DB_CONFIG (set_lg_bsize)

TechnoSophos wrote:
If my directory routinely stores large chunks of data (like images)
that are over two megs in size, should I raise the value for
set_lg_bsize to reflect the max size of these files?

Yes, that would be a good idea. Also note the documentation for set_lg_max; the log file size must always be at least 4 times greater than the buffer size. (The fact that the default log file size is 10MB is the actual reason we settled on 2MB as a recommended value for the log buffer size. I.e., it was about as large as we can get without needing to increase the log file size. Not that there's anything wrong with increasing the log file size, but it would just be one more thing to fiddle with...)

--
  -- Howard Chu