A "which version" question

Hi all,
First of all, I'll mention that I've read the information on the download
page about "stable" vs "release" and I understand the difference. I've also
read the FAQ-o-matic entries on the topic.

I'm working towards upgrading our OpenLDAP software (currently 2.3.24).
Since we are utterly dependant on OpenLDAP for many things, policy is to go
with "stable".

However, I noticed a few days ago that somebody said in another thread:

> Look into syncrepl (make sure to upgrade to 2.3.30 first)

Are there problems with syncrepl in 2.3.27? Our plan is to move from slurpd
to syncrepl with this upgrade.  Perhaps the comment was simply made in the
spirit of generally keeping up to date, but if there is a potential issue
we'd like to know about it.

We operate a single master with about 80 identical replicas and some local
schema additions, and have about 8000-9000 records. There's nothing
particularly special or fancy about any of it as far as I'm aware.  All
running on Debian 3.1 except the master which is still 3.0 (upgrading RSN).

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Lesley W

--
Lesley Walker