Re: using jpegPhoto

On 12/19/06, Roger Thomas <sniper@home.net.my> wrote:
I came across the . Database Creation and Maintenance Tools at http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin23/dbtools.html which outlined 2 methods of storing jpegPhoto (towards the end of the documentation). One using base64 encode and the other using location indicated by URL:

# Bjorn's Entry dn: cn=Bjorn J Jensen,dc=example,dc=com cn: Bjorn J Jensen cn: Bjorn Jensen objectClass: person sn: Jensen # Base64 encoded JPEG photo jpegPhoto:: /9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAAAAAQABAAD/2wBDABALD A4MChAODQ4SERATGCgaGBYWGDEjJR0oOjM9PDkzODdASFxOQ ERXRTc4UG1RV19iZ2hnPk1xeXBkeFxlZ2P/2wBDARESEhgVG

        # Jennifer's Entry
        dn: cn=Jennifer J Jensen,dc=example,dc=com
        cn: Jennifer J Jensen
        cn: Jennifer Jensen
        objectClass: person
        sn: Jensen
        # JPEG photo from file
        jpegPhoto:< file:///path/to/file.jpeg

Which is the recommended method? Please advise.

--

I think what that doc is saying is that ldapmodify will accept either form, but what ends up in the database is the same. (the encoded photos, no matter which method you use)