Re: syncrepl - when master restarted, slaves loose connection forever (and never reconnects)?

Aaron Richton wrote:
[syncrepl slave isn't reconnecting]
Am I missing a setting or something?

First, I'm concerned that you might be confusing "interval" (used with refreshOnly) with "retry" (used with refreshAndPersist). This has been discussed previously on list, and is described in slapd.conf(5) man page.

I looked at slapd.conf, but on machine running OpenLDAP 2.2.x... That's the confusion...

With that said, your symptoms sound like ITS #4708, resolved in OpenLDAP 2.3.28. In short, set "retry", upgrade to 2.3.30, and try again.

That's what I did, everything works now properly.

PS. does this list lag only for me (a couple of hours), or is it more fundamental? I noticed such lagging a couple of months ago as well.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org