[Date Prev][Date Next]
syncrepl - when master restarted, slaves loose connection forever (and never reconnects)?
- To: openldap <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: syncrepl - when master restarted, slaves loose connection forever (and never reconnects)?
- From: Tomasz Chmielewski <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 12:15:19 +0100
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20061110 Mandriva/184.108.40.206-1mdv2007.1 (2007.1) Thunderbird/220.127.116.11 Mnenhy/0.7.4.666
I decided to use syncrepl (refreshAndPersist) instead of slurpd to
I made simple tests but something doesn't work right for me.
I started a totally empty OpenLDAP slave - it got replicated
from the master.
Any change made on the master is also replicated fine.
Unfortunately, when the connection between the slave and the master is
broken (i.e., master restarted), the slave never reconnects. According
to the fine slapd.conf manual, reconnection should be made quite fast:
"If the connection is lost, the consumer will attempt to reconnect
at an interval time (specified by interval parameter; 60 seconds by
default) until the session is re-established."
I waited for about 12 hours, and it didn't happen.
Restarting slave helped, and all pending changes were transferred from
Am I missing a setting or something?
The slave is running slapd from OpenLDAP 2.3.37, and here is its
slapd.conf part concerning syncrepl:
# interval=00:00:00:30 <- also didn't help if it's 30 secs