performance loss on real time linux

Hi,
I am at an early stage of deploying OpenLDAP running on Monstavista
Carrier Grade linux, with Linux-2.6 kernel but modified scheduler.
http://www.mvista.com
For this I compiled and installed OpenLDAP-2.3.27 on my TP T43
notebook and on a x86 Carrier Grade hardware, I'm not sure about the
processor manufacturer and type of this hardware.
On both machines identical DB_CONFIG files, slapd.conf and data have
been set up. I created only 10,000 entries as this would the expected
average database size be.
A ldapsearch on localhost with SuSE-9.3 Linux, after some warming
up the results were levelling at

real    0m0.010s
user    0m0.002s
sys     0m0.003s

with Montavista

real    0m0.827s
user    0m0.014s
sys     0m0.015s

Due to a real time scheduler I was expecting the results to be vice
versa.
Can a RT scheduler or other modifications to the operating system have
a negative influence on performance of OpenLDAP?

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://www.dkluenter.de