Re: ppolicy - getting to work

Thanks again. Makes sense.

Now that I am locked out for SSH access, I will just ask questions of
interest without actually trying things out. For all the different
ppolicy-related things to work, I am guessing the following is the
procedure. Please correct me.

a) Editing slapd.conf and adding "include", "modulepath", "loadmodule
ppolicy.la", "overlay", "ppolicy_use_lockout", "ppolicy_default"
statements.
b) Adding necessary policy-related objects to LDAP (policy object and
standard policy sub-object). These will inherit from pwdPolicy
objectclass.
c) Adding the users that will be managed by the password policy to the
directory. Do I have to add "objectClass=pwdPolicy" attribute to all the
users that need to be managed by ppolicy and leave it out for the other
users?

I will try all these out on monday.

Prakash

>>> Aaron Richton <richton@nbcs.rutgers.edu> 11/24/06 8:06 PM >>>
Note that I build static modules, so this may need
verification/clarification, but I'll try:

The .la files are libtool archives. If you examine them (e.g. cat(1)),
then you'll see that they point to .so files (among other details). A
libtool-aware application--note that slapd(8) should be one of them--can

parse the .la file, which allegedly offers advantages (mostly platform
independence). So, following a 'make install', you should be able to
specify in slapd.conf

> moduleload /path/to/ppolicy.la

and that should parse OK. At least, that's the way I remember it...

Then again, you should be able to moduleload the .so also. If the .la
doesn't work out, try that.

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006, Prakash Velayutham wrote:

> Thanks Aaron. So I built openldap with:
>
> $ ./configure --with-tls=no --with-cyrus-sasl=no --enable-slurpd=no
> --enable-ipv6=no --enable-ppolicy=mod --enable-hdb=yes
--enable-modules