several replication questions (2nd try)

Hello,

here is our three-level concept for replication,
1 provider, 2 subproviders, 10 consumers:
* the provider should replicate most of his subtrees to both subproviders
* a few subtrees should be replicated from the 2 subproviders to the provider
* subprovider no1 should replicate his whole tree to 5 consumers
* subprovider no2 should replicate his whole tree to the other 5 consumers
* a few user entries (eg. the replication manager) should be replicated from
  subprovider no.1 to subprovider no.2, and from 1 consumer to the other 9 comsumers

Here are the questions concerning this config:

1.) Is the best (and perhaps only ?) way for an implementation
to devide the DITs in subordinate databases with the according syncrepl
statements (similar to openldap-2.3.28/tests/data/slapd-glue-syncrepl*.conf,
we have a successful test config for that)

2.) Do we need the glue overlay in this context (I don't think so) ?

3.) Is it necessary that one subordinate have all indexes from all other
subordinates (I do think so, to prevent "index_param failed" error messages
when searching from top level)

4.) Sorry, when that's a FAQ: Is it a must that the updatedn is not the
same like the rootdn or is it only a recommendation ? Is this for security
reasons or why ?

5.) With slurpd it is possible to replicate more than one subtrees
from one database with several "suffix"-statements. How can I do
that with syncrepl ? I didn't find a way to define more than
one "searchbase" per "syncrepl rid" or to define more than one
"syncrepl rid" per "database".

I thank you for help in advance !

Regards

Sepp