Re: RE : Indexs

--On Thursday, November 09, 2006 8:35 PM +0100 Pierre FERT <pfe@calo.ath.cx> wrote:

Openldap 2.3.27
I do not use -q option because i use ldif converted and i want it stop on
any error

Even without -q, slapadd will not stop on all errors. If you truly want to stop on all errors, you must use ldapadd.

DB_CONFIG :
# one 0.25 GB cache
set_cachesize 0 268435456 1

This is problematic. The size of the DB Cache for importing *must* be as large as the resulting *.bdb files. This cache size is way too small.

Also, since you are *not* using -q, you will want to specify that the BDB log files get stored on a separate disk, or on a separate spindle of the drive. Otherwise, you have constant I/O thrashing. This is good practice anyway.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITS/Shared Application Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html