Re: ldapadd fails with "ldap_add: No such object (32)"

Hi Kurt,

First you have to add the ldif entry for dc=cent,dc=lan and then create  ou=people,dc=cent,dc=lan(propably in the same file or in a different file).

Then you have to add the entry uid=root,ou=people,dc=cent,dc=lan.

Abdul.

On 11/3/06, Kurt D. Zeilenga <Kurt@openldap.org> wrote:
At 07:46 AM 11/3/2006, Reed Kempf wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am new to openldap and am having trouble with ldapadd.  This is the error I am getting when running the command.
>
>[root@centutl1 openldap]# ldapadd -x -D "cn=ldapadmin,dc=cent,dc=lan" -w "foo" -f /etc/openldap/passwd.LDIF
>adding new entry "uid=root,ou=People,dc=cent,dc=lan"
>ldap_add: No such object (32)

Have you reviewed the FAQ?  In particular,
http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=157

-- Kurt