Re: Per-objectclass attribute mapping with slapd-meta

Ok, but taking apart the possibility of explicitly mapping per
objectclass, in the example I'm exposing I don't understand the error
checking back-meta does, I map foreign 'givenName' to local 'cn' and
foreign 'name' to local 'cn', what would be the problem with that?
(that is in fact the behaviour I'm looking for).

2006/11/1, Pierangelo Masarati <ando@sys-net.it>:
Daniel Montero Motilla wrote:
> Hi, i'm trying to accomplish this kind of attribute and objectclass
> mapping with slapd-meta:
> map objectclass inetOrgPerson User
> map attribute cn givenName
> map objectclass groupOfNames Group
> map attribute cn name
> But it seems that attribute mapping affects attributes of all
> objectclasses, so I obtain a "duplicate attribute mapping" error with
> lines 2 and 4. How can I establish a per-objectclass attribute mapping
> so I don't obtain that error?

You can't (AFAIK).

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team