Re: damaged index on openldap replica

--On Friday, October 27, 2006 7:17 PM +0200 David Pruem <pruem@hdm-stuttgart.de> wrote:

Hi,

I'm running an openldap 2.2.23 replica on a debian 3.1 (sarge) system.
Once in a while the index gets damaged and I have to use slapreindex to
get authentication working again.

The master server is running on fedora core (I don't know the version).

Is there anything I can do about this problem?

Well, I've never seen that behavior, and your report is kind of vague on the details. But I'd certainly recommend using a current version of OpenLDAP (2.3.28 is the current release). Or at least use 2.2.30, which was the final 2.2 release.

What version of BDB is your replica using? 4.2? 4.3?

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITS/Shared Application Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html