back-perl bind oddity

Hi guys, i'm having a little problem with back-perl behaving a little oddly, i recently dug out some code I wrote last year and i've setup openldap 2.2 on my laptop to do some development work, i've compiled it with back-perl (Against perl 5.8.8) and dropped the module in and almost everything works.

Except bind, when doing any kind of bind operation openldap doesn't call the bind method, ever, i had no problems with the code previously under openldap 2.2 and perl 5.8.6 and i'm damned if i can figure out why bind is happening!

Mike Woods
Systems Administrator