Re: only one slurp per machine ?

I'd imagine two identical slurpd would make a race for the replog. Sounds too ugly to bother to contemplate. But if the "several" are truly separate, then I suppose you could use different ports, config files, and replog files for each instance, and keep them isolated.

slurpd is on its way out, of course. Upgrade to the latest (2.3.27), then try syncrepl. Actually, there's at least one syncrepl bug that will be fixed in 2.3.28 (modrdn/#4695), so patch and/or keep an eye out for the new release.