Re: load balancer with SSL

I don't see this...

[put NotTheCert in /etc/hosts]

$ ldapsearch -x -LLL -ZZ -H "ldap://NotTheCert.rutgers.edu/"; '(doesnt=exist)'
No such object (32)
$ ed ldap.conf
633
1,$s/never/demand/p
TLS_REQCERT     demand
634
$ ldapsearch -x -LLL -ZZ -H "ldap://NotTheCert.rutgers.edu/"; '(doesnt=exist)'
ldap_start_tls: Connect error (-11)
        additional info: TLS: hostname does not match CN in peer certificate

Certainly appears to instigate different behavior to me.

However, the whole point of the load balancer is to make everything look the same. Toward that end, why would you want server1 and server2 to look different--might as well lose the load balancer at that point. With the load balancer, either use subjectAltNames, or just get a cert for "loadbalancer.example.com" and use that. We do the latter; I don't *want* the users to see that they're connected to server1 or server2 or....