Re: slapd, bdb, 32-bit -> 64-bit

--On Sunday, October 15, 2006 7:52 PM +0200 Frode Nordahl <frode@nordahl.net> wrote:

Yes, this would be possible, but as the slapadd step may take
severalhours I cannot rely on this. I have tested it with slapadd -q and
itstill takes too long. There just is alot of data that must go inthere

Well, how much RAM do you have on the system? What is the size of your *.bdb files? To have optimal slapadd -q performance, the size of your BDB cache defined in the DB_CONFIG file should be the sum of all your *.bdb files.

For example on my database:

du -c -h *.bdb

3.3G    total

cat DB_CONFIG set_cachesize 4 0 1 set_lg_regionmax 262144 set_lg_bsize 2097152 set_lg_dir /var/log/bdb set_lk_max_locks 3000 set_lk_max_objects 1500 set_lk_max_lockers 1500 set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE set_tas_spins 1

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer
ITS/Shared Application Services
Stanford University