[Date Prev][Date Next]
Slapd.d Config File
After about 150 hours of researching LDAP/OpenLDAP, I have finally come to the realization, among many others, that I need to build a slapd.d configuration file, not a slapd.conf configuration file. There are differences, but the documentation I've read thus far unfortunately clouds the issues. I have the following questions:
* Does someone out there in OpenLDAP-land have a slapd.d conf file they could share? That would help me more than the rest of these questions.
* Do I want to include LDIF schema files, or SCHEMA schema files, or both?
* Which format do I use below: A or
A) include /usr/share/openldap/schema/core.schema
B) olcInclude /usr/share/openldap/schema/core.schema
Or is *this* correct?
C) include: file:///usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.ldif
* What is the difference between the attributeTypes/objectClasses in the *.schema files and the olcAttributeTypes/olcObjectClasses in the *.ldif files? What was the point in renaming them? To cut down on confusion? (I dare say it didn't.)
* Do I still need an ldap.conf file?
* Are the following still correct?
TLSVerifyClient demand # ([never]|allow|try|demand)
index objectClass eq,pres
access: to dn.base="/var/lib/ldap" by root read