[Date Prev][Date Next]
Master-Slave synchronizing problem
- To: OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Master-Slave synchronizing problem
- From: "V. Mahesh Kumar" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 23:39:49 +0530
- In-reply-to: <49312108C12E50F877C4221C@cadabra-sw.stanford.edu>
- References: <02bc01c67f68$fedb9e90$3200a8c0@bobafett> <email@example.com> <49312108C12E50F877C4221C@cadabra-sw.stanford.edu>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 (X11/20060719)
I am using openldap 220.127.116.11 .
I have one master server and 4 slaves.
One problem which I have noticed in the openldap is that, whenever any
attribute of a record is changed in master, while synchronizing it with
the slave, the corresponding record in the slave is completely deleted
and added freshly instead of updating the modified attributes.
Due to the above, for some fraction of time (seconds), the record is
not there in the slaves.
If the person concerning to that record trys to authenticate during
this time ( as we use slave for authentication ), it is showing
authentication failure. The more serious problem is that if a mail comes
to this receipent during that fraction of time it will be bounced.
Please let me know the solution for this problem.