Re: errant SASL/GSSAPI setup?

--On Wednesday, August 30, 2006 9:47 AM -0700 Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:

--On Wednesday, August 30, 2006 12:36 PM -0400 "Allan E. Johannesen"
<aej@WPI.EDU> wrote:

Thanks for looking into the problem.

Never mind, my ldap servers are replicating just fine.. shew. ;)

So, I noticed that my ticket cache is also missing the ldap/* principal after it renews, but that doesn't particularly matter. Why? Because I use a persistent connection to the LDAP master, which means as long as the already negotiated connection remains open (which it does), then everything works just fine. If the master shuts down and restarts, when the replica reconnects, it gets a brand new ldap/* tgt from the master.

BTW, your syncrepl definition is missing the saslmech.

Here's mine (I use delta-syncrel):

syncrepl    rid=0
           provider=ldap://ldap-master.stanford.edu:389
           bindmethod=sasl
           saslmech=gssapi
           realm=stanford.edu
           searchbase="dc=stanford,dc=edu"
           logbase="cn=accesslog"
           logfilter="(&(objectClass=auditWriteObject)(reqResult=0))"
           schemachecking=on
           type=refreshAndPersist
           retry="60 +"
           syncdata=accesslog

It may be that on rebind it isn't figuring out the mech correctly?

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITS/Shared Application Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html