pcache and whole entries

I am wondering if I can configure pcache to cache whole entries instead of
just a few attributes.

I have a lot of different classes and listing all attributes seems messy
(but possible I guess), is there another way?

Also if a template has all the attributes of an entry will it recognise a
search that doesn't explicitly list the attributes to be returned (meaning
all of them)?

Is there another solution I should investigate instead?

Why does pcache need a rootdn in the database it's caching? I just put it
there artificially (meaning that I'm trying it with back-shell and the
rootdn has no meaning) and pcache stopped complaining, but maybe there
will be implications.

Johan Jönemo