Re: Lost users after power outage

Thanks Howard! I will do this.
Cheers
Max

max williams wrote:
> Hey all,
> Just had a power outage and after the servers had come back up there were about 5 users missing from my directory.
> So, I tried to add them again but get error saying they already exist, "ldap_add: Already exists (68)", even though I cannot see them in ldapsearch or even slapcat. To fix this I had to start with a clean DB and rebuild from an old ldif file. My slave servers all had the same problem too!
> I noticed this has been reported before:
> http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200309/msg00507.html
> I'm using version 2.2.23-5 on FC5 linux.
> Is there anything I can do to prevent this in the future?

Yes, upgrade to a supported release of OpenLDAP; 2.2.x is historical.
2.3.27 is the current stable release.
Use back-bdb instead of back-ldbm.
Read the slapd-bdb(5) manpage. Read the BerkeleyDB documentation. Use
checkpoints.
Read the FAQ.

  -- Howard Chu
  Chief Architect, Symas Corp.  http://www.symas.com ( http://www.symas.com/ )

notify Allied Telesis Labs Ltd immediately.
be the views of Allied Telesis Labs.