Re: Syncrepl out-of-sync detection.

Hello!

On Tuesday 22 August 2006 09:19, you wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 August 2006 04:08, Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I know that this question may have been asked before on this forum.
> > But I just can't find the threads where it was discussed.
> >
> > Is there a way of telling wich slaves are not on sync on a syncrepl
> > deployment?  I mean, a "fast" way of telling whether "this" replica is
> > not in sync.

Thanks for asking this, I already wanted to ask a similiar question (how to
monitor if syncrepl fails, but monitoring differences is also fine).

> I use the attached perl script to monitor performance and replication
> status with Hobbit (hobbitmon.sf.net), which then also keeps rrd files for
> the performance metrics which it graphs on the page for this test.

Did you forget to attach the script?

Another question, I just tested to simply dump everything with ldapsearch then
to compare the results with diff. Tthe entries are in principle identical,
only some newer entries are at different positions within the resulting ldif
files. Is this common? Of course, that way my rude approach to compare the
databases will fail. The next attempt would be to compare entry by entry, but
maybe your script already does this?

Thanks,
Bernd

--