Re: Debug help required for 2.3.25 with bdb 4.2.52 with 5 patches

--On Friday, August 18, 2006 7:16 PM +0100 Gavin Henry <ghenry@suretecsystems.com> wrote:

<quote who="Quanah Gibson-Mount">

--On Friday, August 18, 2006 6:31 PM +0100 Gavin Henry
<ghenry@suretecsystems.com> wrote:

Dear all,

On the 15th this happened and about half an hour ago too:

Fixes it and gets back to normal.

Any tips for how to debug this?

Don't run slapd as a user other than ldap.

We don't. The init script runs it as ldap, I ran db_recover as root after this occurred, hence the chown ;-)

Thanks.

Hm, well, the log you sent shows that slapd is having permission denied errors opening the database files. So they got owned by something other than ldap at some point. Do you have a job that runs slapcat as another user? Or a job that runs a db checkpoint as another user?

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITS/Shared Application Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html