Searches lagging at end of search

Hello,

  Here's the situation. I'm using openldap-2.2.17, libldap.

  I bind to the server, successfully. I do a search, successfully. I
unbind, successfully.

  However, when I watch this process with ethereal I notice something
wrong. All the search results are coming back almost immediately (2
seconds), but my code still hangs on the ldap_search call for up to
20-30 seconds.

  Is this a known bug that I need to upgrade my openldap? Has anybody
seen this behavior before? Anybody have any idea what could be going
wrong?

  Thanks!
- Jeremiah