Re: Long-lived connections with 2.3.x stop returning attributes?

On Sat, Aug 12, 2006 at 10:01:41AM -0700, Howard Chu wrote:
> John Morrissey wrote:
> > After this daemon has been connected to the 2.3.x machine in the cluster
> > for about a day, it begins receiving no values in response to its
> > searches. The search succeeds and a result (including the found entry's
> > DN) is returned, but there are no attributes present.
> >
> >Any thoughts?
>
> Run the server with debug enabled (-d -1) and keep a log of everything
> up until it first starts misbehaving.  Since it's still returning the
> entries, it sounds like perhaps an ACL problem is kicking in.

Heh, funny you should mention ACLs. I must have forgotten to update our
(currently separate, until final deployment) 2.3.x configuration when we
began running this daemon recently - the 2.3.x configuration didn't have all
of the ACLs for this daemon.

Mea culpa, Howard; sorry for the bother.

john
--
John Morrissey          _o            /\         ----  __o
jwm@horde.net        _-< \_          /  \       ----  <  \,