Re: How do I copy a user password from one server to another using tools provided in OpenLDAP Software

At 11:24 PM 8/11/2006, Latte Coffee wrote:
>Does OpenLDAP Software include a tool for copying a user password from one
>server to another?

No.

>How do I copy a user password from one server to another using tools provided in OpenLDAP Software

Well, one could read a user's password using ldapsearch(1) and then use ldapmodify(1) to update that user's password held elsewhere.  This
require rewriting the ldapsearch(1) output LDIF into an appropriate
ldapmodify(1) input LDIF.  This rewriting could be automated.

I say *could* above as, if you are looking for some tool to do this
function repeatedly, I would suggest you consider either 3rd party
LDAP tools or writing your own tool using an LDAP-enabled scripting
language.

-- Kurt