Re: effect of --disable-debug configure option

Hi,

On 8/9/06, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:

--On Wednesday, August 09, 2006 10:58 AM +0900 Kazu Nisimura
<nisimura@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I built slapd with ./configure --disable-debug option, slapd
> seems to log no messages to syslog.  (loglevel value is set to "any")
>
> Is this an intentional behavior, or am I missing something?

Have you read the man page for slapd.conf?

"any" is not a valid level for loglevel.

--Quanah

I'm using 2.3.25. Quoted from slapd.conf(5):

The keyword any can be used as a shortcut to enable logging at all
levels (equivalent to -1).  The keyword none, or the equivalent
integer representation, causes those messages that are logged
regardless of the configured loglevel to be logged.

Is this not the point?

--
Kazu Nisimura