Re: proxycache memory allocation

Dieter Kluenter wrote:
Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> writes:
I don't think that's the problem at hand. In the example below, the
proxycache-directory directive was specified before the proxycache
directive, therefore no private DB was known yet.

I didn't mention it in my post, but the directive had been changed, I attach my present slapd.conf for the records

Once again, people really need to pay attention to the fact that
Ordering matters in the config file.This is also another good reason
to deprecate the slapd.conf file and just use back-config, which
forces related directives to be collected into their own LDAP entries,
thus eliminating this confusion.

This example is still confused. You must always fully configure the database itself, then fully configure each overlay, don't interleave them like this. An overlay is something that's added on to a database, the database itself must be in fully working state before you add anything to it.

E.g.,  the actual database directives in your config are just these:

database ldap
suffix "whatever"
rootdn "something"
rootpw ...