RE: openldap 2.3.24 segfault on startup

Hello all (again),

Regarding the segfault (see previous email, or quote below); a small addition to slapd.conf eliminates the condition that was causing the fault:

slapd.conf:

proxyAttrset    0 proxyAddress

proxyTemplate   (sn=) 0 3600

However, while it no longer crashes on load, it now simply exits cleanly at startup.  Debug -1 output (slightly sanitized) below:

hdb_back_initialize: initialize HDB backend

hdb_back_initialize: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.4.20: (January 10, 2006)

>>> dnPrettyNormal: <DC=ubisoft,DC=org>

<<< dnPrettyNormal: <dc=ubisoft,dc=org>, <dc=ubisoft,dc=org>

>>> dnPrettyNormal: <DC=ubisoft,DC=org>

<<< dnPrettyNormal: <dc=ubisoft,dc=org>, <dc=ubisoft,dc=org>

ldap_url_parse_ext(ldap://AD.SERVER.ORG:3268)

>>> dnPrettyNormal: <CN=(sanitized),OU=Ubisoft,DC=ubisoft,DC=org>

<<< dnPrettyNormal: <cn=(sanitized),ou=Ubisoft,dc=ubisoft,dc=org>, <cn=(sanitized),ou=ubisoft,dc=ubisoft,dc=org>

bdb_db_init: Initializing BDB database

slapd destroy: freeing system resources.

slapd stopped.

connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.

[root@server bin]#

Once again, any ideas are welcomed warmly.  Thank you!

--

  _
 °v°  Daniel Maher

 ^ ^  Unix System Administrator

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.